Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday, October 15

Random Threads of Thought
re: use of this blog

Thread #1: An idea I hit upon long ago as a purpose for this blog - using some posts as a dialogue with a book I am reading, most likely chapter by chapter, but variable based on the length of the post or disparateness of the ideas discussed. I like this idea. A lot. I certainly have far too many books languishing on the shelves which need a read or re-read. Now, to choose one...

Thread #2. My first year with diabetes. I keep toying with this one, vascillating between it being a great idea and a stupid one. First, why would anyone but me care how I am managing my diabetes? Probably scant few. It's not exactly titillating conversation. But it would, perhaps, be a way to vent and process what too often seems a lonely undertaking. The other clincher is the diagnosis. I am suspicious that it is Type 1.5, or Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults. It is managed exactly like Type 1 diabetes, but develops more slowly, like Type 2. Next Monday, October 22nd, I go to the endocrinologist so he can test for type. My fear is that I am truly Type 2 but insulin controlled. This would suck in the worst way. However, the fact that the insulin is working within the standard parameters, showing little to no insulin resistance, makes me very hopeful it's Type 1 or LADA. Thus, I wait to develop a lengthier blogging effort until a diagnosis is more concrete.

Thread #3. As always, my processing through vocation and life goals. School, thesis, career, theological musings and such. I always leave such things open to whatever random curiosities and musings may come to light. I really want to be more proactive about this blog. I've been feeling strongly contemplative, with a wish to revisit my writing practices and also stretch/exercise my mental acumen. This stems mostly from a re-acquaintence with thoughtful, articulately written blogs by others.

Step 1: Set a goal.
Step 2: Develop a habit. (Three weeks to start a habit, three days to break one, as the adage goes.)

Ya'll know how much I inevitably fail at sustained discipline. Maybe another short burst is all I can muster.

And then there's that, you know, thesis I need to write. /sigh/

One step at a time! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home