Friday, March 26, 2010

the Last Week of March pt 2

I decided to become a runner.

No, seriously. I decided to become a runner. From where the insistent urge arises, I'm not entirely sure. On Wednesday, I debated between going to the last Lenten service or going shopping for shoes and pants to run in. I went to Lenten service. But Thursday I got fitted for running shoes at Running Wild in Coralville, bought some awesome capri running pants and a really good sports bra. Dropped a pretty penny, but if I use them like I think I will, it's still considerably cheaper than a gym.

I hadn't planned to, but I was so excited after my purchases that I came home and promptly went for a rather "exploratory" "run" based on a few walk/run programs I found online, like Couch to 5k and Women's Health and Runner's World. It was surprisingly promising.

In other complete randomness - had a dream about meeting a super tall handsome Swedish guy with whom there was definite mutual attraction. People around us were impressed by how quickly we seemed nearly connected at the hip that day. It was quite pleasant, and the dream is still very vivid in my head, a few days later. Why a Swede? I dunno. That's just who he was in my dream! A premonition? Considering we were also both Olympic athletes (another symptom of my lofty running goals, I assume), I highly doubt it. LOL. But God, feel free to drop a sensitive, sweet, handsome, unusually tall guy who thinks I'm awesome into my life. Now. [pauses, waits, watches door]. Now? Phooey. Okay, fine! Be that way! lol. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home