Tuesday, February 23, 2010

it's just not my day.

I dropped the last graduate school application envelope in the mail an hour ago. I should be ecstatic. I am relieved, but until all my ducks are in their proverbial row, I'm not. Tonight -- or sometime very soon -- I file my taxes so as to have an accurate FAFSA on file by March 1st. So I'm not quite finished. Two sets of recommendation letters are en route to their respective destinations. Yay! The other... not yet, which makes me nervous. Considering the first set, mailed on Friday, is not yet posted as received by the school, it's apparently taking longer to get there than I'd like. Which means the last set needs to go out like... yesterday. /sigh.

Currently I'm sitting here a little depressed. It's most likely a hormonal thing. Scratch that. It's definitely a hormonal mood swing thing. But when I accidentally elbowed a brand new roll of toilet paper off the counter and into the toilet this morning, I knew it just wasn't my day. Bad omen! My drive to work included insane dude not letting me pass him and then trying to run me off the road. Some customer called in to cancel and when I politely asked him to fax or send by certified mail a cancellation letter, he threw a freaking hissy fit at me over the phone. In my haste to get errands done and said envelope mailed, my lunch was a banana. Healthy, but not exactly the most filling. I sent another customer an explicitly documented amended invoice with over $1700 in credits and he wants to know what the "true credit was for and for how much" and he's seeing it as "a credit of only $500 not $1600." /facepalm. Seriously?! And one of my drivers made some unnecessary comments about the cleanliness of the inside of my car. Yes, I desperately need to vacuum, but ...uncalled for. It stung a little too much in my hormonal funk.

And now to make matters worse, Chris is listening to the Sean Hannity show on Fox radio and I get to listen to him talk of Republicans voting against Obama's legislation as the conscientious equivalent of voting down slavery. /mega facepalm. I can't stand him. I feel stupider every time this show is on. Although, I will admit it makes me appreciate Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart that much more. But it's mind-numbingly ignorant.

Oh the little things. Gratefully, there is a six-pack of New Belgium 1554 and a couple of steaks in my frig, patiently waiting my return. :) I could go home right now and not feel guilty about it, but I don't think that would be received very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home