Monday, May 19, 2003

update... sort of procrastinating, but I can right now

So... I survived the weekend. The exam on Saturday went well, just kind of hung out that night - had a really cool picnic out on the Union bleachers with a group of friends (what started as a group of 3 became a group of 16! Very cool) and then walked and talked with a good friend.

Sunday... people were impressed with my paper-writing skills. In 4 hours, I wrote 8 pages of a 9-10 page paper (1pm-5pm). Then I came back around midnight, after a soaking wet choir picnic and FOCUS worship service, to finish up. Ended up writing 5 more pages and going to bed around 3:30am. For someone who doesn't do that very often (or... ever), I was impressed with my lucidness and upbeat air this morning. FOCUS, wow there was an amazing service. The last one of the year, and we both rocked the place out and drew everybody into the experience at the same time. Very emotional, very charged, very musical, very uplifting.

Today, the paper is turned in, the exam for tomorrow is not difficult, and I need a nap. However, I felt that I needed to kind of vent and keep people informed (not that I know anybody who consistently reads this, but you know what I mean).

Yesterday was also full of random compliments and good tidings. One friend turned to me and said, "In case you didn't know, Al, you make people's days brighter just by being around." Another: "Wow, I almost didn't even recognize you, you've melted away so much." And the best one of all, being needed: a friend with a really tough, rough day (or week or so, really) walks in, says "Al, c'mere." And then proceeds to hug me for a good minute solid. Can I just say, awesomeness?? First of all, hugs are wonderful anytime, but having the opportunity to be there for someone, instead of being the one who needs a person to cling to... I was trusted and loved enough to be the one they turned to, and really, what more in life can a person ask for then someone to turn to and a person who turns to them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home