Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Settling

The frenetic feeling of yesterday is slowly easing away. A good (although still too short) night's sleep and some necessary friend-based perspectives will do that. My friends run the spectrum from alarmed to intrigued to happy for me. I think I probably traverse the same emotions. :) But I don't feel so much like I'm impatiently coming unwound.

I'm still massively behind on sleep. Friday night, to bed at 3am, up at 9am. On Saturday night -- okay, Sunday morning starting at around 7am -- an hour of sleep here, an hour there until 11am. Then I took a loooong walk, most it singing at the top of my lungs -- which is really refreshing to do on an empty, scantily developed stretch of October roadway. Sad no one was there to here me though -- I was in really good form. ;) Took a short 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon before driving back here to Iowa City. Didn't go to sleep until after 1am (d'oh! what's wrong with me?). When I got home from work yesterday fully intended to sleep, but then got called back by a friend of mine. Multiple lengthy conversations with friends ensue back to back to back. Go to bed around 1am again. And then, oddly enough, wide awake a good 1/2 hour or more before my alarm this morning.

I feel more settled, more... comfortable with space and time and the unknown. To an extent. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home